Welcome to Eat Drink Shrink
My Name is Gabrielle and I’m the founder & creator of Eatdrinkshrink.com. I established this website in late 2012, to share my experience and knowledge as I pursue a career as an MS Clinical Nutritionist and chef in New York City. I currently hold a BS in Clinical Nutrition from NYU, an MS in Nutrition & Health Sciences from Brooklyn College, and completed countless culinary courses and workshops.
While in the midst of producing my first cookbook, I work in recipe development and food photography with plant based companies and restaurants throughout the D.C. and the NYC area, in home cooking demos along with holistic nutrition counseling.
I lived NYC for over 9 years, but currently reside in DC and travel back and forth for work and to visit family. After almost 2 years of fertility struggles, we finally became pregnant and welcomed our first son in July 2019!
Learn more about all things pregnancy, baby and fertility here.
In my personal time I work with the Coalition For Healthy School Food. As a Junior Council Member since 2012, I continue to share our ongoing mission to promote plant based foods in public schools throughout New York. I also privately teach yoga (YogaWorks 200hr certification) when I have the time, contribute to One Green Planet (500 recipes so far!), and am a full time mom to my puppy Burt. He’s from a farm in Kentucky! (Follow him on IG here)
Eat Drink Shrink evolved to become a platform to share cutting edge plant based recipes, product reviews, documentaries, e-books, as well as other current health related information under a single domain.
I eat clean, I eat green,
and live well..
I’ve been a vegetarian/vegan on and off for 14 years. I was vegan for 4 years, and was a strict raw vegan for 2 years. Today I’ve arrived at a place where I feel happy, healthy, and balanced. My diet is very plant strong, colorful, and seasonal. I drink lots of green juice, limit packaged foods, and cook at home 5 to 6 days a week.
“Food encompasses everything we do, it’s the universal experience, the common ground, and the thread that binds us all together. It’s the heart, soul, and ideology of this nation.” – Gabrielle
I found that my objective in life is to empower people to choose wholesome, healthy, plant based foods. I want to strip away the intimidation one experiences when attempting to make almond milk, cashew cheesecake, or a batch of homemade kombucha tea. I want to provide individuals with the essential tools and confidence to radically change their diet and to rebel against the dominant food culture. I truly believe that together.. We can change the world with every bite..
You Didn’t Know About Gabrielle
- I’ve called the NYC my home for the past 9+ years, but I’m originally from Atlanta, but now we are currently in DC! (feels so weird to even type that lol)
- I could ice skate when I was only 2yrs old while still wearing a pacifier (skills)
- I live in
skinny jeans yoga pants Onepiece‘s Boyfriend Jeans Food pun shirtsRails Flannels
- I’ve lived in Miami (Best place to be October-March)
- I danced with a Russian ballet when I was 5
- I’m Lithuanian, Polish, and part Cherokee Indian.
- My right foot is a half size bigger than my left (my left shoe tends to fly off.. awkwarrrrrd)
- I’m left handed (special)
- I was diagnosed with a rare congenital disorder called Situs Inversus (Basically all my internal organs are on the opposite sides of my body.. more special?)
- I love anything lemon, all things avocado, heirloom tomatoes, fennel, celery root, and using fresh herbs in everything!