Vegan Sweet Sesame Cashews
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
While prepping for the hospital I made sure to pick up tons of nut mixes for healthy fats as they are good for breast milk production. While grabbing all my faves I notices that the typical sesame nuts at Trader Joes weren’t vegan. You would imagine it’s perhaps because they use honey in this recipe, but not only is there honey, but they also contain butter lol.
That being said, I knew you could replicate this concepts and skip all the animal products, and you absolutely can!!
While it may make sense to grab a ready made nut mix at your local whole foods etc, it’s so easy to just whip up your own! Not only can it be more cost effective, you get to control the ingredients! Typically nuts are loaded with sugar or additives/preservatives. Being that it’s just so seamless to throw together your own, I highly recommend just making your own recipes!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, includes staple ingredients, has minimal ingredients, sweet, salty, no animal products, perf for any season, you can crush and throw on salads, perf for entertaining, can easily be made in bulk, and is just such a staple!!
If you love easy vegan snacks or all things cashews, you’re going to loves these new vegan Sweet Sesame Cashews!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 2 cups raw whole cashews
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.Add maple syrup microwave-safe bowl and heat for 15 seconds, or until the honey flows easily. Add cashews to the bowl with the honey and stir to coat the cashews evenly.
- Sprinkle in the sesame seeds, toss and evenly coat. Pour cashews onto parchment-lined baking sheet and press so they're in a single layer.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating midway for an even bake. Cashews will become more fragrant and take on a deeper golden color. Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes on the sheet.
- Once cooled, break cashews into clusters and store at room temperature.