Vegan S’mores Marshmallow Treats
Hello & Happy Sunday!!
While many of us are out and about this holiday weekend, I still make time to catch up on work because well, I’m so type A lol. In trying to savor all things summer as it wraps up, all things S’mores comes to mind!
Although I can’t imagine sitting next to a campfire roasting marshmallows in these temperatures, this flavor combo is just nostalgic and resonates with just about everyone. In keeping with my objective to make all recipes effortless and contain minimal ingredients, I knew I had to whip up a classic S’mores Marshmallow Treat!
I love all things plants, but I also love to play around with iconic concepts and put a modern spin on them. Marshmallow treats are one of those concepts for me! They are divine just by themselves, but also so much fun to play around with and create fun flavors. That being said, these S’mores variety were a no brainer!
What’s fab about this recipe? Everything! It’s quick, easy, has no dairy or eggs, minimal ingredients, affordable, fun, festive, perf for summer, perf for entertaining, non vegan approved, and is like taking a walk down memory lane!
Savor the last few moments of summer with my recipe for vegan S’mores Marshmallow Treats!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for summer entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 4-8 depending on size
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 6 cups organic rice cereal
- 1 1/2 packages Dandies mini vegan Marshmallows
- 4 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker dust
- 1 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup crushed graham cracker dust
- 1 cup vegan marshmallows
- In a large pant melt coconut oil. Add marshmallows, cook until fully melted.
- Add in the graham cracker dust, combine. Once combined, turn off heat and add the rice cereal and continue to combine. If the mixture seems too sticky, add more cereal. Press into a dish and allow to slightly firm for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Place the marshmallows for the topping in a bowl and brûlée with a torch for a few seconds. Other alternatives are to hold over a lighter, gas stove or turn oven on broil and place in there for a quick minute.
- Melt coconut oil and chips in the microwave for 30 seconds while continue to stir every 10-15 seconds until fully melted. Drizzle over the top. While still wet top with graham cracker dust and roasted vegan marshmallows. Allow to cool, slice and enjoy! (To make the marshmallows fit more I cut mine in half after hitting with a torch)