4 Ingredient Vegan Salted Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
Hello & Happy Friday!!
This week we’re celebrating Ronin’s first birthday! That being said I’ve been in the kitchen a little less and exploring nostalgic eats because birthdays are like being a kid all over again. One of my favorite things to do every so often is take nostalgic recipes and put a modern health spin on them!
One of those, is cereal concepts! I’ll be honest, the only time I reached for cereal was when I was pregnant. Prior to that it was perhaps in high school? Today I do avocado toast or a smoothie, but there is something about cereal that just takes you back to your childhood. Back in mid to late 90’s cereal overtook the shelves and there was a new brand every minute. From this time period I recall countless cereal concepts being born, and one of them was these Cheerio bars!
What’s fab about these bars, is just the simplicity in it all! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with healthy fats, has notes of salt, vanilla, they are crispy, crunchy, can easily be made in bulk, are made with no refined sugar, organic cereal, and are just so much fun to make!
If you love cereal concepts or just effortless sweets, you’re going to love these new Vegan Salted Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars!
Why this recipe is great:
No refined sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 bars
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 3 cups organic Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup agave or if not vegan, honey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- Line an 8x8in pan with parchment paper.
- Combine peanut butter and agave in a large bowl. Heat for 1 minute. Remove from microwave, stir, heat for another minute.
- Remove from heat and stir until mixture is smooth. Stir in the vanilla and kosher salt.
- Stir in cereal until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut into bars.