Vegan Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Dip
Hello & Happy Friday!!
Since social distancing has started, I’ve been revisiting various recipe categories to further develop via Eat Drink Shrink. One that’s imperative right now, is snacks! Whether you still have an array of snack options at your store or not, this recipe is just another reminder that it’s so easy to whip up a fab veggie packed dip in just minutes.
Skip all the high prices, additives, preservatives, save yourself time and money, and just make it yourself!
Lately I’ve been falling in love with all things canellini beans. I typically only use black beans, but these are so easy to work with and can seamlessly be thrown into countless dishes. They have a mild flavor, are accessible, affordable and packed with plant protein and fiber. Bonus, they make a great based for a dip!! Something I’m also always obsessed with, is roasted garlic! You can throw it in the oven, and the roasting factor intensifies the flavor so much more. It’s fairly quick, garlic is accessible, affordable, and it instantly turns an everyday dish into an amazing one.
What’s great about this dish?! Just, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with plant protein and fiber, packed with flavor, requires only 1 bowl, has notes of lemon, it can easily be made in bulk, you can pair with veggies or crackers, it’s great for entertaining, perfect for any season, pairs great with wine, and is just hands down my new favorite dip!
If you love all things garlic or just an effortless dip, you have to try this new vegan Roasted Garlic + Rosemary Dip!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packed with flavor
Packed with protein and fiber
Great for entertaining
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 2 (15 ounces each) cans Cannellini beans
- 15 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped Rosemary
- Juice from 1 grilled lemon
- Salt/Pepper as needed
- 3 tbsp Olive oil, good quality
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Take 10-15 cloves of peeled garlic and wrap in aluminum foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- To grill a lemon simply slice a lemon in half and cook face down on a pan set to medium/high heat.
- Drain and rinse 2 cans of cannellini beans.
- Throw everything in a food processor minus a few roasted garlic cloves, and blend until smooth. Garnish with olive oil and additional garlic. Serve with crackers or veggies.