Vegan Raspberry Rice Krispy Treats
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
When thinking of the next effortless summer treat, my mind wandered towards Rice Krispy Treats. I’m not sure what it is. Perhaps it’s the seamlessness of the concept, the nostalgia, or the fact that you can place around with the flavors, but I love a modern Rice Krispy Treat!
To date I’ve done a Blueberry, Strawberry, Mango, Cinnamon French Toast, Fruit Loops, and countless others. However, I had yet to do a raspberry and was intrigued by the flavor combination. While you can add fresh fruit really to a Rice Krispy Treat and maintain the same texture, you can use freeze dried fruit! That being said, there are tons of flavor variations that you can achieve.
While I love all the flavors I’ve tried, I’m hooked on this raspberry flavor! There is something about the tartness of the raspberries that really brings the marshmallow flavor full circle.
What’s great about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, ingredients are accessible, marshmallows are vegan, the texture is buttery soft, it packs whole marshmallows, it’s perfect for any season or occasion, you could top them with chocolate, and they are great for Valentine’s Day or even a gift!
If you love effortless vegan treats, you have to try these new vegan Raspberry Rice Krispy Treats!
Why this recipe is great:
Features Vegan Marshmallows
Features Freeze Dried Fruit
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 4 1/2 cups Rice Cereal
- 1 bag My Dandies Vegan Marshmallows, plus additional
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- 1.2 oz Freeze Dried Strawberries (used whole foods brand)
- In a large pot over medium heat add the vegan butter.
- Once melted add the marshmallows and continue to stir the mixture until fully melted and combined. Make sure to not have the heat up too high as this will create hard marshma,kwtreats.
- Once melted add the freeze dried strawberries and combine, crushing the majority and leaving a few whole. (fold in 2/3 cup of whole mini marshmallows if desired, I did)
- Once fully combined add in the cereal a little at a time until combined. Typically treats request 6 cups of cereal, but I like to do less as they'll remain softer and less dense.
- Remove from heat and spread the mixture in the pan with another sheet of parchment paper to create an even layer. The mixture will be hot.
- Once you have the thickness you desire, make the slices. Serve immediately and store away so they don't dry out and harden.