Vegan Crispy Lemon + Dill Potatoes with Chive Cream
Hello & Happy Tuesday
Lately I’ve been all about exploring potato concepts. For the longest time I honestly overlooked them, but you can play around with flavor profiles and make endless combinations.
One of my favorite herbs is dill. While you’ll find it more in seafood concepts, you can add it to countless dishes and it really creates more flavor dimension. I love to use it in mediterranean and greek dishes, and throw in salads with greens or chickpeas. You can’t go wrong!
As a person who is all about everything lemon, you guessed it, I wanted to explore Lemon + Dill Potatoes, but really packed the flavor. A lot of times there isn’t a enough of it and I knew we could elevate the flavor, but just making a few changes to the typical recipe. And just like that, the best vegan Lemon + Dill Potatoes were born!
What’s great about this dish, is as I always say, everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packs flavor, comes with the perfect sauce, has notes of dill and rich notes of lemon, can easily be made in bulk, are perfect for any season, great for entertaining and can pair well with just about any main dish!
If you’re all about the carbs, you’re going to love these new Crispy Lemon + Dill Potatoes!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs tons of flavor
Pairs seamlessly with the sauce
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
10 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
50 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pounds mini potatoes, washed, sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (less if you’re not a pepper fan)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill, extra to garnish
- 1 lemon, half juiced, save other half for broiling
- 1 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp broiled lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- salt/pepper as needed
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In shallow dish add the olive oil, lemon juice salt, pepper, and dill. pour over potatoes, toss and coat.
- Arrange the potatoes and lemon cut side down. Roast until tender when pierced with a fork, 35 to 40 minutes, ensuring you toss potatoes two or three times for an even bake.
- While the potatoes roast, make the sauce: Throw everything in a bowl, whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of lemon juice and fresh dill to the cooked potatoes and toss. Season to taste, and add lemon if desired. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt and top with lemon zest. Serve immediately.