Vegan Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet
Hello & Happy Monday!!
This is going to be a short holiday week with the Fourth of July on Thursday, so I whipped up one of my fave quick and effortless desserts..
this vegan + gluten free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet!!
I personally love working with cast iron as it adds to the flavor of any dish, speeds up the cooking/baking process and make for the perfect serving dish!!
What’s fab about this dessert, is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, packed with rich peanut butter and chocolate chips, has the perf texture, is perf for any season, perf for any occasion, contains no white flour, sugar or eggs, and is just a game changing staple!!
If you love all things peanut butter or fab effortless vegan desserts, you have to try this recipe for a vegan + gluten free Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet!!
Why this recipe is great:
Perf for any season
No white flour
No white sugar
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 cup all natural peanut butter
- 2-3 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp Follow Your Heart vegan egg powder (or ground flax) combined with 3tbsp water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, more for topping
- 1 cup almond flour (1/2 cup if you're not using natural peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a skillet with oil.In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, agave, vegan egg, vanilla (optional), salt, and baking soda, stir well.Add in the almond flour.
- A thick sticky batter will form. Fold in the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared skillet, then smooth the top.
- Top with additional chips if desired.
- Bake at 350ºF until the top is a light golden brown, about 10-15 minutes.
- Top with vegan ice cream, chopped peanuts and serve!