Vegan Flourless Oil Free Avocado Walnut Brownies
Hello & Happy Friday!!
In reviewing various concepts I don’t do a lot of on Eat Drink Shrink, sadly, brownies were one of them lol. Typically brownies are flour based, pack tons of butter or oil, leaving little room to pack in nutrients. However, you can make a fab brownie with sweet potatoes, and even avocados!
I developed a flourless oil free avocado cookie a few years ago and it occurred to me shortly after that you can seamlessly create a brownie concept by switching up a few ingredients, and poof, the vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies were born!
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It utilizes one bowl, a handful of ingredients, I’ve used a batch with a few tablespoons of maple syrup and they were STILL GOOD, they are packed avocado, are gluten free, oil free, flourless, are buttery soft, hold together, and are non vegan approved!!
If you love effortless modern vegan desserts, you have to try this recipe for vegan Avocado Walnut Brownies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Non vegan approved
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 3 large, 6 small
5 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 ripe avocado about 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cover a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, throw everything in and pulse until smooth. Scrape down the bottom and side of the bowl and process for an extra 15 seconds to make sure all the batter is combine - no lumps.
- Transfer the chocolate batter into the pan and top with walnuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center is done. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, slice and transfer onto a cooling rack to cool down completely and firm up for at least 30 mins to 1 hour.
- Store the brownies in the fridge for up to 5 days in an airtight container. This makes 3 large brownies or 6 small bites. For more just double the recipe.