Vegan Cookies & Cream Cookies
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Since everyone is off to the races with healthy eats, it’s important to be realistic and also embrace balance. Some days I have all veggies, some days a few bites of sweets here and there, but whichever the case, I’m always mixing it up.
Whether it was a craving or just something I’ve yet to see vegan, I was dreaming of these cookies! I personally find cookies + cream to be such a nostalgic flavor. I typically make everything from scratch so even throwing in ready made cookies isn’t my approach, but sometimes you have to break free from your routine, and I’m just glad I did, as these are so fun!
What’s fab about this recipe is everything! It’s quick, easy, affordable, features minimal ingredients, applesauce instead of eggs, less sugar since you’re adding in the cookies, they are perfect for any season, the recipe produces 1-2 dozen depending on the size, they are great for entertaining, great for making ice cream sandwiches, perfect for entertaining and have aesthetic appeal!
If you love all things cookies and cream or just modern vegan concepts, you’re going to love these new vegan Cookies’n Cream Cookies!!
Why this recipe is great:
Packs tons of cookies
Less added sugar
Applesauce instead of eggs
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 10-20 depending on size
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 3/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup organic granulated sugar
- 10-14 Chocolate cookies with cream crushed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. You'll need more than one tray.
- In a large bowl, add the coconut oil, granulated sugar, applesauce and vanilla, and mix well.
- In another bowl combine the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry to wet and combine until a dough forms. Try not to over mix.
- Now add in the crushed cookies until just incorporated.Using a tablespoon sized scooper, drop mounds of dough onto the baking sheet 2 inches apart (we fit 6-12 on each sheet and baked these in 3 batches).
- Slightly press down on them.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly brown.
- The cookies will seem soft will firm up while they cool, promise!
- Allow the cookies to rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes after removing them from the oven and then carefully transfer them onto a cooling rack using a spatula. Allow to fully cool.
*You can switch up the sugar, but brown and coconut will make them darker *You can use any oil if you don't want to use coconut