Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Corn
Hello & Happy Tuesday!!
Lately I’ve been on a mission to whip up some bucket list recipes, and one of them.. was vegan caramel corn!!
For the longest time I thought about exploring this concept, but I figured a vegan version wouldn’t compare, it would destroy my kitchen lol and it would just be too sweet. However, I was completely wrong. It’s actually quick and easy, mess free, tastes just like the traditional variety, and bottom line..
While this recipe is a lil indulgent, we have to have some flexibility in our diet. I love to have fun and get creative in the kitchen, and this recipe was just what I needed.
What’s fab about this recipe, is everything! It’s quick, easy, features minimal ingredients, minimal steps, can easily be made in bulk, no overwhelming peanut butter flavor, has aesthetic appeal, perf for entertaining, perf for any season, and even great as a homemade gift!
If you love fresh modern vegan sweets or all things chocolate and peanut butter, you’re going to love this new vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Corn!!
Why this recipe is great:
Great for a gift
Both Sweet & Salty
Perf for any season
Can easily be made in bulk
Eat Drink Shrink
5 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, optional
- 2 bags of natural pop corn
- 1/3 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pop the microwave popcorn.
- Remove any unpopped kernels and place in large bowl.
- In medium saucepan combine brown sugar and brown rice syrup.
- Bring to boil over medium high heat stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the peanut butter, combine. Now add the baking soda, and vanilla extract (optional), combine.
- Pour over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Layer onto a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Allow to set.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes, rotating midway. Remove, allow to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the chips and coconut oil.
- Melt in the microwave for 1 minute, combining every 10 seconds to prevent burning.
- Drizzle over the top and allow to set again.
You can skip the chocolate in this recipe and just do the peanut butter and even forgo the baking if you prefer a more chewy popcorn!