Vegan Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches
Hello & Happy Friday!!
If there is one concept that’s always a crowd pleaser, it’s ice cream cookie sandwiches! Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I made one, because either the cookies weren’t firm enough or it didn’t hold together well and the list goes on. That being said, I was curious to test a recipe that actually worked.. and the vegan Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Sammies were born!!
What’s fab about this recipe, is simply everything! The cookie base is 3 simple ingredients that features no flour, no white sugar, and can be made in minutes. On top of it’s effortlessness, the cookie is actually sturdy online many brittle crumbly almond flour cookies I’ve seen. In addition to the texture of the cookie which is great for ice cream, the chocolate provides even more stability to hold it all together and the final results is just amazing!
It’s quick, easy, affordable, the cookies are great by themselves, you can switch up the ice cream flavors, the chocolate is sweetened with stevia, there is no dairy or eggs, the chopped peanuts add texture, they are perfect for any season, pack protein from the peanuts and almond flour, are filling, and perfect for entertaining!
If you love fun effortless vegan dessert concept, you’re going to love these new vegan Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches!!
Why this recipe is great:
No refined sugar
Packed with protein
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 6-8 cookies
10 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup Traditional Peanut Butter
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 3 tbsps Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 cup Lily's Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 Tsps Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Peanuts
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the peanut butter, almond flour, and maple syrup or honey. Combine with a spatula until it forms a consistent cookie dough. If it's not forming a dough simply add a little more maple syrup 1-2 tsp at a time.
- Divide dough into 5-7 large cookies.
- Place each cookie ball on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten slightly with your hand palm, then use a fork to flatten more and create a fork print on top of your peanut butter cookies.
- The cookies won't expand while baking so no need to spread out the cookies on sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes or until sides are golden.
- Place on a cooling rack.
- The cookies will be slightly soft, but will firm up on the cooling rack.
- Allow to completely cool.One cooled, scoop any ice cream desired and layer between two cookies.
- Throw in the freezer for 10 minutes so that they keep their shape.
- Combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Heat for 1 minute combining after intervals of 15 seconds to prevent burning.
- Dip the chilled ice cream sandwiches into the melted chocolate.
- While still wet, sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.
- Place back on the baking sheet and place in the freezer to set. 10 minutes.
*To make the perfect slices for the ice cream middle, cut the through actual pint of ice cream making slices and peel off the package.