Vegan Avocado Salad
Hello & Happy Monday!!
I’ve been craving various corn style summer salads. For years I didn’t really like to work with corn in recipes. It packs minimal nutrients, it’s the largest GMO crop and so on and so forth. However, I simply buy organic, because there is something about corn that just can’t be matched in recipes. It brings texture, a hint of sweet, and it just captures the essence of summer.
When it comes to corn you can enjoy it by itself, be made into creamed corn, grilled, you can make fritters, soup, and the list goes on. I personally love it fresh or grilled in salads for the all the reasons mentioned. What’s another bonus, is that you can find corn all year round and it’s so cheap!
What’s fab about this salad, is everything, but especially the dressing! This recipe is cheap, quick, easy, vibrant, packs tons of nutrients, flavor, multiple textures, can be paired any protein, it’s perfect for any season, great for entertaining, packs healthy fats which makes the lycopene in tomatoes even more absorbable, it can be enjoyed as a side dish or main dish and the dressing just put’s it over the top!
If you’re all about simple summer salads, you have to try this new vegan Avocado Salad with basil vinaigrette!
Why this recipe is great:
Perfect for any season
Eat Drink Shrink
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
- 2 ears corn
- 4 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Prep the corn by throwing them in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Allow to cool, then cut off the cob.
- Slice tomatoes in half, cube avocado, thinly slice onion and throw in the bowl with the corn.
- Prepare the dressing: In a shallow dish add the olive oil, vinegar, salt and garlic. whisk until smooth. Pour over the salad, toss and coat. Place in fridge until ready to serve.