Raw Avocado Key Lime Pie Cheesecake
Hello & Happy Friday!!
I’m happy to say, that I’m an avocado kick. I probably have avocados just about every day, but in addition to them being a good breakfast and snack, they are amazing to throw into various dishes, especially desserts!
When vegan cheesecakes came onto the scene they always were packed with cashews. While I love cashews I became less and less of a fan of this concept over the years. However, with this pie you don’t even need them! From a distance this dish looks involved, but I promise…
It’s a handful of staples thrown into a food processor and is such a no fuss recipe!
What I love about this key lime pie, is everything! It packs avocado, coconut milk and even spinach! It has that perf lime flavor, the crust is raw, requires not backing, crust holds together, comprised of macadamia nuts, has aesthetic appeal, nutrient packed, perf for any season, and non vegan approved!
If you’re searching for that effortless staple vegan dessert that will forever wow your guests, this is it! You have to try my vegan Raw Avocado Key Lime Pie!
Why this recipe rocks:
Perf for any season!
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8-10 slices
15 minPrep Time
15 minTotal Time
5 based on 2 review(s)
- 12 dates w/pits removed (if hard soak in hot water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups macadamia nuts (you can use others!)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 can coconut milk, full fat
- 2 avocado
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 handfuls of spinach, you can always add more
- zest from 2 limes
- Grease an 8 or 9 inch pie pan
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a food processor. Press into a pan and allow to chill in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients into the food processor, blend until smooth. May take a few minutes to grind up the spinach. Pour over chilled crust. Set in fridge to firm up for 1hr to 2hrs. It firms quick!
- Top with lime zest, lime, toasted coconut, and coconut whip!