1 Bowl Vegan Cookie Bars
Hello & Happy Wednesday!!
Lately I’ve been craving all things savory, but I knew it was time to feature a new dessert concept! No matter what they say, you can never have too many cookie recipes, especially when they are this easy!
Typically with cookies you have to beat butter and sugar together, make a flax egg and so on. Believe it or not, I dread breaking out the standing mixer and beating sugar, because it’s just more dishes you have to do at the end of the day. I love a seamless recipe that requires minimal dishes and steps, especially when it’s a dessert. That being said, you’ll find that most recipes via EDS have minimal ingredients and steps for an effortless recipe.
While I love a good cookie, bars are something different and they retain moisture so much longer than a cookie. Cookies dry out, crumble, bars are sturdy, and you can even make an ice cream sundae with them if you’re craving something more!
What’s fab about these bars, is everything! They are quick, easy, affordable, require no beating of butter and sugar, no flax eggs, are made with just a handful of ingredients, are buttery soft, perfect for any season, can easily be made in bulk, you can cut down the sugar, use stevia sweetened chocolate like I did, can be served with ice cream, and are great for entertaining!
If you love effortless desserts or all things cookies, you have to try this recipe 1 Bowl Vegan Cookie Bars!!
Why this recipe is great:
Requires no beating of butter and sugar
Requires not even a flax egg
Eat Drink Shrink
Yields 8 bars
10 minPrep Time
30 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup refined coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag Dark Chocolate Chips (I used Lily's)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil until combined.
- Whisk in non-dairy milk and vanilla, until all sugar has dissolved and the batter is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda, then fold the mixture with a spatula, being careful not to overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a baking 8inch baking dish or pan with parchment paper. (You can really use whatever pan you like!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cookies just begin to brown. Cool completely. Then slice. For less of a soft baked texture, bake for 35 mins.